Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Sun and Saltly Air Does a Body Good!!

It's been a while since I have posted a blog, but life got a little busy and crazy.  I come to you with a great way of getting your little humans out of quarantine and out for some sole healing.   I have lived in Florida almost all my life and never been boating.  I have always wanted to get out on a boat and just cruise our waterways.  I have been on tons of cruises but never on a single engine boat.  Quarantine had final mentally gotten to me and my family.  We all just needed a day of peace away from these walls surrounding us.  At the very last minute, literally two hours before seeking out, we decided to rent a boat for 4 hours.  I called a couple of companies with no success, again this was a last-minute thing, so I was not expecting to get anything.  I tried one more company and they happen to have a deck boat available for us.  We had two hours to get to the dock.  I gather the kids, packed our bags, and out the door we went.  My kids were super excited so getting them out was not a problem.  I must admit I was a bit nervous.  My husband has not navigated a boat in over 20 years, and I just did not know how our boys would behave.  I had total faith in my husband and knew he could navigate the boat.  When we arrived at Beach Water Sports, they gave my husband a 30-minute lecture on the waterways and how to drive the boat, and off we were cruising the inter-coastal.   




The excitement on my boys’ face was worth every single penny we paid to rent this boat.  It was not the cheapest thing to do, but the memories we made that day was priceless.  We cruised the inter-coastal from Stuart to Jupiter Island. We admire all the beautiful scenery and houses along the way.  The boys were dying to jump off the back of the boat, so on the way back we pulled into a small private island, anchored the boat and the boys jumped off and into the water.  This little private island, and what I mean by "private" is only boaters can get to it and is located right on the 19th marker.   There is this little path on the island that leads to the beach and ocean front.  Super cool!  They kiddos were beside themselves when the discovered this "secret" path.


Four hours was not enough time.  The boys did not want to leave the island and to be honest I was enjoying the peaceful surroundings of the waterways.  The day was beautiful!  It was sunny and warm.  A perfect day for boating. Something about the salty air, water, and sun really does a body good.  It was super relaxing for all of us.  We were sad to give the boat back, but we knew this was not going to be the last time we rented a boat.  Memories were made on the water and I cannot wait to do it again. If you have a chance to do it, do it!  It's worth every penny.  We only live once so go out a make memories and do not be afraid to do it with your kiddos!   Here is the link to Beach Water Sports:

https://www.bwsfl.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb




1 comment:

Let's Talk Disney!

What more can you say about Disney, but it’s magical.  A three-day banking conference turned into a mini vacation for me and the kiddos.  Wh...